[mythtv-users] IRQ ENC errors

Brady liquidgecka at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 00:51:29 EST 2005

I am getting all sorts of weird IRQ errors when using ivtv with
Mythtv. When watching live TV I get "ivtv: ENC IRQ OVERFLOW: #153436
Stealing a Buffer, 256 currently allocate" over and over again. The
video is unstable and gets fragmented every so often. The audio also
cuts out every so often. When I fast forward it takes 30 to 60 seconds
to skip. The total length of the recording jumps around for a while
then it finally actually jumps. Everything was working fine a while
ago, then when I upgraded to ivtv 0.2 it started giving the message
but left no visible errors. Now I can't get the visible errors to go
away. Nothing else was changed that I know of. It also seems to only
happen with live tv.

Anybody seen this error?