[mythtv-users] nuvexport and aspect ratios

gary dawes garydawes at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 13:55:04 EST 2005

I've started using nuvexport to export to dvd, and it's now working fine
albeit slowly.

One question though. I've always had mythtv set to 4:3 apsect ratio, as
it's always been great with my tv sat box and  16:9 widescreen tv. 4:3
is just like watching broadcast, whereas 16:9 shrinks everything down
into a letterbox, and if we are watching a movie, for instance, which
already is in letterbox format, then in 16:9 mode on myth the movie is
just a thin strip in the middle. none of the other modes in myth are
ideal either. 16:9 stretch chops stuff off the edges for example.

Exported recordings are set to 4:3 - is there anyway to change that
during the transcoding process, or do I need to rejig everything from
scratch, or is there some other magic setting which I have not ome
across yet.

Cheers

Gary