[mythtv-users] How to config hw tv card other than pvr-250/350

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 06:51:14 EST 2005

> I notice that only dedicated options for specific hw card available.
> Suppose I have other hw cards working under linux, is it possible to
> make it work with MythTV? and generally how?
> Thanks,

My understanding is that if the card supports video4linux then it will
work with MythTV. bt8x8 cards are very popular as they're cheap but
they do use a lot of CPU so you need a big processor for them to work
effectively. There are also cards with cx88 or saa7134 chips which are
supported with v4l drivers - see
http://linux.bytesex.org/v4l2/drivers.html

You tell MythTV about your card by runing mythtvsetup and going to the
Capture Cards menu.

Regards,
Phill