[mythtv-users] Myth-web and large groups

David Escott david.escott at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 22:32:58 EST 2005

I am considering a MythTV setup for a large group of people (large
residence with two shared cable TV's is always touch and go). Any
suggestions are helpful, but in particular I have two questions:

1) How to arrange voting.

I do not intend for anyone to use the front end but rather for them to
use myth-web to make their scheduling requests and then download the
program from the box after it has been recorded.

It seems that the best way to do this is to use the program priority
as a proxy for voting. Allow each ip address so many program requests
a week and make duplicate requests a increase in priority for that
program. Has anyone attempted this or had success with it in the past?

2) Locking down the box.

Also I need to lock down the box. Can't have one person deleting
another persons recording request simply because they can't outvote
them. I figure I just need to rather liberally excise certain portions
of myth-web so I don't anticipate any problems but if I'm missing
something please let me know.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.