[mythtv-users] apt & mythtv-suite

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 15:32:51 EST 2005

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:57:19 -0500, Matt McKeon <matt at camadro.com> wrote:
> I have gone through the list archives looking for a solution to this
> with no luck. I am sorry if there is one, but I am unable to find it and
> going crazy! The problem I am encountering is when I try to do apt-get
> install mythtv-suite, it comes back with a failed dependacy on mythdvd.
> I am using a fresh install of RedHat 9 and have read and followed the
> wilson guide to this point. I was able to do apt-get install mythfront
> and backend. But still failing on the mythtv-suite.  Can anyone give me
> some guidance??
>
>  Thanks!

this happened with me during an upgrade, and I believe the dependency
was ImageMagick.  Try to do an:
apt-get install ImageMagick

see if that installs and then you may be able to do dvd.  If not, post
the error message and someone should be able to get you up and
running.
--
Email me if you want a gmail account, I have invites.