[mythtv-users] From STB to hd-3000 [was Is pchdtv3000 worth it?]

Julian cerebro70 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 16 18:21:55 EST 2005

Hi,

Is it possible to capture the HD stream coming from a
set top box on its way to the tv?  Maybe some rare
cable to re-route the stream into the hd-3000 before
resending it to the tv?  This would enable unencrypted
HD capture.  To tune channels, just use an IR blaster
or serial connection to the STB.  Any coments
appreciated.

Thanks,
Julian

--- Frank smith <fsmith at web-links.net> wrote:

> About 2 hours I reckon!!!!
> Taking your time of course!
> :-)
> bob
>

> On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 12:05 -0800, Michael
> Miyabara-McCaskey wrote:
>
> > hehe...
> >
> > Are you also making the assumption that AFTER
> June... no hacker in
> > the world will create something to defeat the
> broadcast flag?
> >
> > :-)
> >
> > -Michael

=====
Live simply so others may simply live.

-Ghandi

Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate.
"Entities should not be multiplied unneccesarily"

-William of Occam