[mythtv-users] Underclocking...?

Søren Dalsgaard pvr350 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 16:56:25 EST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to setup a mythtv box and most bits are in place but the
machine is somewhat noisy. I tried spraying a lubricant into the fan
on the CPU and the fan on some chip on the motherboard and that took
care of the worst bits.But I would prefer an even more quiet pc.

My pc is an AMD Athlon 1.1GHz I've found that watching tv through the
pvr350 requires 3-5% cpu load so cutting those 1.1GHz in 3 or 4 should
not pose a real problem.

The fan on the motherboard is a bit of a mystery to me - what does it
cool (yes a chip, but what chip and can I remove that fan too when I
underclock the pc)?

Thanks for your input - it is valued!

Søren