[mythtv-users] Automatic mythtranscode

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sun Jan 16 16:56:28 EST 2005

> I want to automatically run mythtranscode when a recording
> completes, and then remove the original nuv file. I
> understand that mythtv can to this but google won't tell me how.

I believe the steps go something like this: Go to your tv recording profiles
screen and select transcoding profile. Select your source type and change
the destination type to mpeg4 and set the qualitity settings as desired.
Once that is done go and set the recordings you want trancoded to transcode
after recording and you are done.

PS - Check your resulting files once or twice. Some settings will actually
make the output bigger than its source file.