[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase howto?

Teruel de Campo chusty at attglobal.net
Sun Jan 16 16:43:11 EST 2005

M. Barnabas Luntzel wrote:
> your database isn't running and/or you did not set it up correctly.
> mysql.sock exists but is mysql running? did you set the database up? did
> you read this:
>
> http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#mysql

Thxs for your reply. I believe I set it up OK. I will read the pointer!
What I did is

#mysql_install_db --user=mysql

     	To initialize the grant tables

# mysqld_safe --user=mysql &

	to start the server

# mysql < /home/tdec/multimedia/mythtv-0.16/database/mc.sql

If I run mysql status

amd64:/etc/rc.d # ./mysql status
Checking for service MySQL:        running

On the other hand when within the mythfront end I open /Manage
Recording/Schedule Recording/and Program finder or Program Guide all the
fields are populated with the program data. In summary everything seems
to be working well.

My question is why when I close both the backend and frontend and I run

$ mythfilldatabase

I got those error. Of course before I do it I have the mysql server
running. Is this command correct to refresh the data base?

Regards,

-=terry(Denver)=-