[mythtv-users] Remote frontend can connect to mysql database, nothing else can.

Dave davedog at mac.com
Sun Jan 16 16:13:45 EST 2005

Hey folks,

I have a master machine, with a frontend and a backend on it. I've
recently installed the OS X on a mac, and have opened the master
machine up to remote frontends. While, the Mac frontend can access the
database and runs, the frontend, backend and mythsetup cannot access
the database. I get:

Couldn't open database
Unable to connect to database!
Driver error was [1/1045]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
Database error was:
Access denied for user: 'mythtv at localhost' (Using password: YES)

The mythtv user hass all privs in mysql and mysql.txt looks like

DBHostName=localhost
DBUserName=mythtv
DBPassword=I_have_the_correct_password_here
DBName=mythconverg

# Set the following if you want to use something other than the
# machine's real hostname for identifying settings in the database.
# This is useful if your hostname changes often, as otherwise
# you'll need to reconfigure mythtv (or futz with the DB) every time.
# TWO HOSTS MUST NOT USE THE SAME VALUE
#
LocalHostName=mythtv

# If you want your frontend to be able to wake your MySQL server
# using WakeOnLan, have a look at the following settings:
#
# Set the time the frontend waits (in seconds) beetween reconnect tries.
# This should be the rough time your MySQL server needs for startup
#WOLsqlReconnectWaitTime=0
#
#
# This is the amount of retries to wake the MySQL server until the
frontend
# gives up
#WOLsqlConnectRetry=5
#
#
# This is the command executed to wake your MySQL server.
#WOLsqlCommand=echo \'WOLsqlServerCommand not set\'

What did I screw up?

Thanks!

-Dave