[mythtv-users] RE: Component Video Output??

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Sun Jan 16 11:38:02 EST 2005

> I'm working on building a myth box. Currently, it will not be HD (no
> HDTVs or HDTV sources currently). However, my TV does have component
> input (Y, Pr, Pb). I'd like to utilize this.

I use the VGA-out from my box into an Audio Authority 9A60 converter box
to get component into my HDTV.  Like you I do not use my Myth box for
HDTV, but at least my GUI and everything is a native 720p HD image on my tv.

The converter box was somewhat pricey, but it really works well.  I got
mine on eBay for something around $150.