[mythtv-users] problems w/ recent CVS MythTV

William Lott mythusersmail at wlott.org
Sun Jan 16 04:19:05 EST 2005

Greetings All,

I recently upgraded from 0.16 to CVS because I'm trying to get a EPIA
ME6000 frontend working in addition to my main FE/BE machine.  But when
I did so, two new problems cropped up (and an old one stayed):

1 - I lost automatic commercial flagging.  Well, not totally.  It flags
commercials for some shows, but mostly not.  Commercials were flagged in
"Poker Superstars Invitational Tournament" but not "The West Wing."  I
checked all the commercial flagging settings I can find, but couldn't
find anything different.  Come to think of it, the shows missing
commercial flags might be the shows I've recently added while the shows
being flagged are ones that have been scheduled for a while.  But I'm
not sure about that.

2 - I lost the OSD.  It worked fine under 0.16, but doesn't show up in
my CVS build (updated Jan 1, IIRC).  But it does show up for my build on
the ME6000.

Also, I'm having problems with the backend partially wedging every once
in a while.  (This was happening under 0.16 also so it isn't a new
problem.)  The backend doesn't totally wedge -- if I had left the
frontend on the list of recorded shows, the backend will continue to
spool that little preview of the show in the lower right corner.  But
MythWeb will quit working and if I try to actually use the frontend, it
waits a while and then pukes saying it lost the backend connection.  I
haven't been able to isolate what might be causing it, but the next time
it happens I'm going to see if I can get any kind of stack trace from gdb.

The machine in question is an Athlon XP 2k+, ASUS A7V8X-MX SE mobo, 512M
ram, two Haupguage PVR 250s, and a GeForce 4 MX.  I'm running Fedora
Core 1 setup using Jarod's guide and the latest stable ATrpms.  I'm
using the 6106 nvidia drivers.  This hardware had been running Myth
since July and these problems only showed up recently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-William