[mythtv-users] Dropped audio and xine

Michael Segulja msegulja at lmdcs.com
Sat Jan 15 21:34:46 EST 2005

Hopefully this isn't too off topic, but I'm having trouble with Xine
dropping audio when playing a video file or DVD.  MythTV and MythMusic
are fine, so I guess it's not a Myth specific problem, but I figured
since everybody here has a lot of experience with Xine, you could
hopefully help me out.  I have digital output from Xine working (thanks
to a recent thread from this list), but since getting that to work,
audio will completely drop out after a random amount of time.  Sometimes
it will be ok for 10 or more minutes, sometimes only 10 or so seconds,
and then total silence.  If I pause playback and un-pause, it comes back.

Here's what I've got:

Gigabyte motherboard
Athlon 2200+
Fedora Core 2
Creative Soundblaster Live
Alsa 1.0.7
libxine 1-1.0cvs-050101
xine-ui-0.99.3cvs-050115
Myth CVS from Jan 14th - both frontend and backend on the same system

I previously had Myth 0.16 from atrpms running and upgraded that to CVS
yesterday (Friday).  I also upgraded xine today with RPM from
http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/xine/ with no change.

Anybody have any ideas?  Driver problem with Alsa?  Problem with Xine
and digital audio? I didn't have this problem before configuring it for
digital audio.  If it is an Alsa problem, how do I go about
troubleshooting that?  Am I running the most recent version of Xine?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Michael

--

Michael Segulja