[mythtv-users] Re: Which Distribution?

Alexander Petkov ap154036 at cue1.umt.edu
Sat Jan 15 16:44:15 EST 2005

========
any distribution that DOESN'T
handle dependencies well these days isn't worth the CD it comes on.
========

I (personally) disagree. I often find that dependency handling gets in the way quite often. The reason being that some of these "handled" dependencies aren't compiled with some options that I need.

That said, I use mythtv on a Suse 8.2 system just fine (although I compiled mythtv on it). I, however, prefer Slackware and others based on it. Stick with Slack if you are already used to it.