DVD as backup to avoid delete button WAS: [mythtv-users] What

Chuck Rice chuck at wildrice.com
Sat Jan 15 15:24:12 EST 2005

>Are you doing:
>
>1. Did you buy a $1k to $8k DVD Jukebox w/FireWire connect
>(http://www.powerfile.com/) to your Mythbackend as pure mythfiles? (not
>using fully authored DVDs)

I am doing the above. I bought 2 empty, 8-slot FireWire towers:

     <http://www.firewiremax.com/fire-wire-1394-ilink/lcdreen.html>

Then I buy IDE drives and plug them in as I need them. I try to get
at least 250GB drives, thought lately I have been getting the 400GB.
Nice thing about these is that as drives get larger, you can start
with all the old drives you have laying around, then easily replace
your smallest drives with the latest and greatest as need and money
require. It is also nice to not pay for the whole thing at once. Buy
a new drive whenever you run out of space and just add it. -Chuck-