[mythtv-users] IR transmitter probs?

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Sat Jan 15 14:18:43 EST 2005

Hello all,

Have built an transmitter circuit from this URL -
http://www.lirc.org/improved_transmitter.html .  Have an IR receiver
(from http://www.lirc.org/images/schematics.gif), made my own lircd.conf
file, and started everything.  irw shows up the correct key buttons
whenever I press a button on any remote to the receiver.  But when I do
summat like "irsend SEND_ONCE <remote name> <button>" and point the
LED's towards a video camera, I can see flashing from the LED's but when
pointed at devices I want to control, they don't follow the command from
the LEDs.  Any ideas?  Even tried "irsend SEND_START <remote name>
<button>" but to no avail

Thanks very much for your help in advance.

Cheers - Piers