[mythtv-users] Some Xbox questions: install Myth native, partitioning ???

Marty Mastera marty at m3resources.com
Fri Jan 14 13:01:54 EST 2005

Hello,

I have a 1.6 Xbox with Xecuter 3 chip installed with a 300GB HD.  I'm
looking for a way to manually partition the drive to my liking.  My bios
only gives me a couple of options (give F: the rest of the drive, or F:
up to 137GB and G: the rest).  My goal is to use F: for game rips and
leave some free space on the drive to install Myth native.  I only need
a small portion of the drive for the Myth frontend (10 GB maybe???) and
I want to give the F: game rip partition the majority of the space.  I
need a flexible way to partition the drive to accomplish this.

My modchip has multiple BIOS banks...I have a xbox bios with dashboard
loaded into one slot, and Cromwell 2.40 loaded into another.  I can
successfully boot into whichever I want using the dip switches.  My plan
is to normally boot using Cromwell and into Myth, and occasionally
switch to the other BIOS and play games, using the F: drive to store
game rips that I play.

Any advice?

Thanks,

marty