[mythtv-users] RE: Mac OS X installation guide

Drew Bernat abernat at zathras.net
Fri Jan 14 12:22:21 EST 2005

On Jan 14, 2005, at 9:50 AM, Michael J. Sherman wrote:

> Anyone else excited about the possibility of a mini Mac myth frontend?
>   A little 6.5" x 6.5" x 2" box hooked right up to the TV.  The last
> hurdle to overcome now is the remote control input.  Perhaps a
> USB-based IR dongle....  Anyone have ideas on that?

Heh :) A couple.

1) You can do IR through the sound input if there is one. I've heard
there isn't, but haven't checked.
2) Apple sells a remote control that would work with the mini.
3) Plug the remote interface into a different machine and send commands
across the network. There's PHP->Applescript interfaces floating around
that can turn wget commands into Applescript commands.

Drew

--
Drew Bernat
Paradyn Project                                                  __ ____