[mythtv-users] NFS Mounted Partitions and AutoExpire

Doug Heimburger dheimbur at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 04:15:25 EST 2005

Hi:

I'm running into an interesting issue with AutoExpire that's causing
me to lose many more shows than I would have expected, including some
very recent shows.

I have two backends, with the master backend having Tuner 1 and a
second backend with Tuner 2. The second backend NFS mounts /myth from
the master backend, resulting in both machines using the same
directory to store data.

The AutoExpire is set to 10 GB. It appears that what is happening is
that AutoExpire is running on both backends, but only deleting old
things from that particular backend. Since 99% of the recordings are
made by Tuner 1, this means that things recorded by Tuner 2 are being
dropped very quickly (before I have a chance to watch them).

Some logs from Tuner 1:
2005-01-13 17:30:53 Running AutoExpire: Want 10 Gigs free but only have 9.
2005-01-13 17:30:53 AutoExpiring: The Simpsons Wed Dec 15 18:00:00
2004 1110 MBytes

Meanwhile, on Tuner 2:
2005-01-12 22:26:26 Running AutoExpire: Want 10 Gigs free but only have 9.
2005-01-12 22:26:26 AutoExpiring: 24 Mon Jan 10 20:00:00 2005 2222 MBytes

Note that Tuner 1 is removing things that are almost a month ago, but
Tuner 2 is removing items that are less than two days old. Tragically,
this caused me to lose three of the first four hours of 24.

Is there something I can change in the configuration to cause Myth to
realize these two machines are working on a common drive, and that
thus the AutoExpire process should work across them?

Thanks.
Doug