[mythtv-users] What NOT to do to your Myth box...

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Thu Jan 13 22:19:55 EST 2005

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 11:11:37AM -0500, tommy wrote:
> Well my friends, I'll tell you WTF!!!!! remember yesterday when I ran the
> recorded programs version of the cgi script? well it seems wget spidered
> the links on recorded_programs.php, sounds innocent enough until you
> realise that the last link on every line is DELETE!!! Yes my friends, the
> script went through and deleted my ENTIRE BOX!!!
>
> Over half a terrabyte of television GONE!!!
>
> The entire season of Rescue Me, GONE!!!!!
> A couple of seasons of The Sheild, GONE!!!!
> Every episode of Lost, GONE!!!!
> a couple of seasons of Enterprise, GONE!!
> You get the picture...

That's why you offload TV shows onto DVD instead of keeping them on the HD
forever.  (Admittedly the stuff that's out there for making DVDs under Linux
isn't all there yet, but I've gotten fairly good with a handful of Windows
programs that make DVDs out of stuff ripped from my TiVo or my MythTV.)

  _/_