[mythtv-users] FX5200 monitor + tv out, xorg.conf

Thom Sturgill tsturgil at ircc.net
Thu Jan 13 13:51:41 EST 2005

Here's what works for me...(only the relevant parts)

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Multihead layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        # Next two lines are critical to have monitor and TV
        Option      "Xinerama" "off"
        Option      "Clone" "on"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
                                                                                        #Option

"dpms"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "CTX VL700 series, MS700 series, PL7 series"
        DisplaySize  330        250
        HorizSync    30.0 - 70.0
        VertRefresh  50.0 - 120.0
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
                                                                                        #Option

"dpms"
        Identifier   "Monitor1"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "32in Analog TV"
        HorizSync    30.0 - 50.0
        VertRefresh  60.0
EndSection

Section "Device"
                                                                                        Identifier

"Videocard0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        VendorName  "Asus"
        BoardName   "nVidia GeForce 5200"
        Option      "RenderAccel" "1"
        Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
        Option      "TVOutFormat" "Composite"
        Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "CRT,TV"
        Option      "TwinView" "True"
        Option      "MetaModes" "1024x768, 1024x768; 1024x768, 1024x768"
        Option      "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "29 - 74"
        Option      "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "60"
        Option      "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"
        Option      "Xinerama" "Off"
        Option      "NvAGP" "3"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
                Modes    "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Hope this helps, it took me a while to get it working.

--
Indian River Community College
Internet Services