[mythtv-users] Sound Levels of MythTV Recordings Very Low

Kyle Duncan kyle.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 14:17:38 EST 2005

I'm having problems with the sounds levels of my MythTV recordings.
My sound card (built in to my motherboard based on VIA82C686) is
hooked up to my TV via a miniplug -> RCA.  When I watch a recording I
have to crank the volume on my TV (Sony KV36XBR400) to a few bars
below max to hear the recording and of course I get a lot of hiss from
the speakers.  I tried loading up Alsa Mixer and increased the sliders
for PCM, Line Out and Master and this helped a bit, but they reset
when my computer rebooted and it wasn't a huge difference.  In windows
I usually only set these sliders to about 70% and have no volume
issues.  Is there any where else I can play with the sound levels?  I
saw somewhere in the MythTV configs a setting for recording volume but
I believe it was already at 90% by default.

Anyways, I'd appreciate any help / suggestions.

Thx.