[mythtv-users] Radeon

Bene Martin martin.bene at icomedias.com
Thu Jan 13 09:30:57 EST 2005

> I have a Radeon 9200 with Tv Out, but i can't make it
> working. I tried
> fglrx, radeon and also vesa driver (on suggestion of two
> members of this
> mailing list) but nothing change! i cant see Myth on my tv!
> With Fglrx i can see everything on Tv, except on videos and Tv! I see
> only a blue screen (this problem is related to the Xvideo, i think)..
>
> Plz help me and sorry again for my poor english..

I'm using a radeon 9200SE with TV out with Myth; wasn't easy to get
running but works now; I'm using it with X.org X11 6.8.1 (and 6.8.0
previously).

First some explanation: The standard driver included with xfree (or
X.org X11) does NOT support TV out for my card; however a patched
version of the gatos driver exists that seems to work; at least it works
for me, I had negative feedback from someon trying to use a 9600.

You can find the driver I'm using at
http://mabene.icomedias.com/gatos-stuff/.

Hope this helps,

Martin