[mythtv-users] Tearing and the mythical VBlank ioctl

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Wed Jan 12 19:33:05 EST 2005

William Uther wrote:
> I managed to get the nVidia drivers installed (2.6.10 kernel requires a
> patched nVidia driver, sigh).  I then started up myth with the -v
> playback option and got:
>
>  > nVidiaVideoSync: VBlank ioctl did not work, unimplemented in this
> driver?
>
> WTF?!?  The nVidiaVideoSync method was written to work with those nVidia
> drivers, wasn't it?

nVidia broke this some time after the 4xxx series of drivers.  The new
ones (6111 and later) work well with OpenGL vsync.  Be advised that some
(myself included) have trouble with the latest driver and MX440/MX4000
cards and need to drop back to 6111.  You should be happier with this
card and OpenGL vsync.

-Doug