[mythtv-users] Anyone using MediaMVP with 0.16?

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Jan 12 13:40:48 EST 2005

>>> jep at obrien-pifer.com 1/11/2005 10:56:10 PM >>>
> I just got my MediaMVP and went through the install laid out on the
> mvpmc site @http://mvpmc.sourceforge.net/mvpmc-HOWTO-singlehtml.html.
> got to the Menu, I can see my list of recordings but can't play
them.
> Upon looking at mythbackend.log it says the client is trying to use
> protocol version 8 while the server (mythtv 0.16) is using protocol
13.
> This was not an issue I expected. I checked the FAQ on the mvpmc
site
> and didn't see a version requirement.
>
> What am I missing? Bad assumption that it can be used with 0.16? I
have
> not tried NFS, yet.
>
> Thanks,
> James

James,

I'm using mvpmc with my mythtv .16 and it works fine, actually great.
I've heard that any mpeg2 stream will work, but I've only been able to

play my recordings.  It works with the myth protocol to play, but I've

heard that to play anything other than the recordings, the source needs

to be NFS-mounted.  The one feature I do miss is auto commercial skip.
You can skip in 30 second increments, or skip to a % of the video.
Someone recently got music playlists going, but I haven't tried that
yet.

I can do wireless over an 802.11g Linksys connection and I rarely have

problems.  My WAP is about 20 feet away from the mvp and it plays
videos just like it were wired.

Paul