[mythtv-users] OT:FTA sat setup

Jeff volckaert jvolckaert at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 11:05:35 EST 2005

Hello Everybody,

I have been reading about FTA programming and was curious what a FTA
sat reciever setup would run?  I think I need a dish, a dish
directioner, and a FTA reciever.  Is this right?  What would a setup
like this cost?

Can I use ANY of the equipment left over from a directtv setup?  My
in-laws just bought a cottage with an old directtv dish.  I would like
to setup the place to get FTA programming since we really don't want a
cable bill for the few days a month we will be there.

Would it be better to use a PC+Hauppage Nexus card+TV-out than getting
a FTA reciever?

Thanks,
Jeff