[mythtv-users] Re: Using tv_grab_dvb for specific channels only?

Nick Morrott pvr at insidethex.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 00:59:02 EST 2005

A quick update with a good ending!

After creating a dummy chanident file for tv_grab_dvb (and run using -c
option) containing only the channels that I wanted to import/update and
their xmltvids, I ran the grabber and then imported the XML file into the
Myth database. As a kind poster on the list explained only program
information having matching xmltvids will be imported, so I guess this made
sure that only the channels I listed in the chanident file were imported.

All other channel listings grabbed were assigned their default dvb.guide
service IDs and consequently were not imported.

Thanks for the suggestions posted, I seem to have it working as planned now.

Cheers,
Nick