[mythtv-users] Re: DVB Radio

Richard and Monica Bland register at combinedeffort.com
Tue Jan 11 15:14:02 EST 2005

>From a UK perspective, you can use DVB to record radio as if it was a TV
show out of the (mythtv) box. You just need to put a fake PID for the
video in the dvb_pids table. Well, not exactly fake - one from another
*TV* channel on the same MUX. You then get the audio from the radio
stream and the video from the TV stream - stops myth complaining...

I then use mplayer to dump the audio, like this:

mplayer -vo null -dumpaudio -dumpfile my_audio_file.mp2 \
11009_20041216185800_20041217010000.nuv

You can then use LAME to convert to MP3. Used to work a treat for John
Peel :(

HTH

Rich