[mythtv-users] Newbie question concerning sound

George Lopez geokimlopez at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 13:59:49 EST 2005

Why am I able to get sound from a music CD but not
from live or recorded MythTV or from the startup.wav:
/usr/bin/aplay /usr/share/sounds/KDE_Startup.wav

I would have thought if I have sound from one source
(like a music CD), I should have sound from all
sources.  Obviously not the case.

I have read through the mailing lists.  So I know I
have to probably make some changes to ALSA mixer
inputs or to my modprobe/modules.conf file.  My
question is more around why sound works for one thing,
but not another.

Can anyone enlighten me?
thanks,
George