[mythtv-users] MythTV/CX88 Problems (yuyv)

El Draper mail at ejdraper.org.uk
Tue Jan 11 09:33:33 EST 2005

Hi guys,
I've been setting up a Linux PVR using MythTV on a Fedora Core 3
machine, with a recompiled 2.6.9 kernel (to fix some wifi issues). I
have a Hauppauge WinTV PCI tv card (CX88) and have successfully got the
program Zapping working with it, and capturing video etc. I have
configured MythTV, grabbed program listings etc, setup some channels;
however whenever the backend starts to record something I've setup to be
recorded, I get the following error:

2005-01-11 02:39:17 Changing from None to RecordingOnly
2005-01-11 02:39:17 Using profile 'Default' to record
2005-01-11 02:39:17 Commercial Detection initialized: width = 480,
height = 480, fps = 25, method = 1
NVR: v4l2: format set, getting yuyv from v4l, converting

[2]+  Segmentation fault      mythbackend -v all

Now (from what little I know) yuyv is some form of codec? Could it be
that Myth has a missing dependency for this on my machine that is
causing this error? I have noticed that in trying to setup my channels
with the correct frequencies, I don't see anywhere for the exact
frequency in Mhz ("finetune" and "freqid" are int's). How can I setup a
channel with an exact frequency in Mhz? Could this be causing the above
problem when trying to record?

I've searched around, so far unsuccessfully on this problem, so any help
you guys can offer would be great as I'm now a little stuck :-)

Thanks!

-= El =-