[mythtv-users] KnoppMyth CD won't boot

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 03:04:42 EST 2005

> >Per suggestions on various forums and lists, I have verified the MD5SUM,
> >downloaded a new copy of the ISO from a different server, re-burned to
> >disc, etc, etc...with no improvement.  Also per the Knoppix cheat codes
> >list, I have tried the "atapicd" and "noscsi" cheatcodes (both singley
> >and together) with no effect.  Should I be able to see this CD in
> >Windows via explorer as with other linux distro boot cds?  I ask b/c I
> >can't...With the disc in the drive on the Windows machine, Windows
> >thinks the drive it empty...
> >
> Sounds like a bad burn.

I second that, sounds like a CD/Burn issue. If your burning the ISO on
Windows, try burning it with CDBurnerXP Pro. I've had good results,
and it's free.

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

KnoppMyth v4.5 is great. I setup my first Myth box this weekend. Took
most of saturday to work out the kinks, like updating ivtv to fix
purple/green video on my new  PVR350 and getting the right configs for
the new A415 remote. But after the day of hard work, I'm rewarded with
the best darn PVR ever. I love it!!