[mythtv-users] How do I remove a video source?

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Mon Jan 10 19:16:34 EST 2005

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 04:54:24PM -0600, Trey Boudreau wrote:
> Howdy all,
>
> I've made a mistake and have a duplicate video source defined.  I'd like
> to remove it, but I didn't find any way to do so from within setup or
> mythfrontend.  Google'n for "MythTV remove video source" or "delete
> video source" didn't turn up anything.  The online documentation only
> tells you how to add sources.  Suggestions?

As somebody else noted, you can do this in an sql database editing tool
like phpmyadmin.

However, depending on how involved your setup is, you may also
consider the somewhat more drastic step of simply saying yes to erasing
your sources when you start mythtvsetup, and then recreating them
again.    For a change of sources this can be appropriate.   datadirect
remembers your profiles for you, I think you might lose some custom
channel config you built but if you didn't build any then this is
a quick method that does not require knowledge of how to edit an sql
database.

I expect that tools to delete sources and other elements directly will
show up some day, since you aren't the first to want this.