[mythtv-users] Are either of these tuners viable for use?

Maarten mythtv at ultratux.org
Mon Jan 10 16:26:37 EST 2005

On Monday 10 January 2005 21:27, Tim Smoot wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I have built the system up and getting ready to start installing the
> OS/etc.
>
> Question is:
>
> I have 2 tuner cards, and I am not sure which one (if either) would be a
> viable option.
>
> Card #1 = ATI All In Wonder Pro PCI (OLD!) but it is in good shape!

I have heard that ATI AIW cards will not work with myth. But I'm not sure.

> Card #2 = CyberExtreme Bt878 based card with remote, FM/etc.

I use bt878 cards, they'll work fine...   ...IF your CPU has the power.
As it is, I _seriously_ doubt that an Eden 533 can handle it, not even when
just using rtjpeg...  So no luck there.

> Should I use either of these or go looking for another option?

The CPU being what it is, I'd wager your only option is a hauppauge PVR.

> I will be using a VIA EPIA-5000 Eden 533Mhz motherboard with onboard audio
> and either the onboard video or add another AGP card.

Maarten