[mythtv-users] Myth plugin - "DVDupe"?

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 12:59:45 EST 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:04:08 -0500, David Sattler
<davidmindslip at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone got any plans for a DVD-copying plug-in? I have this great
> dual-layer burner itching to be used!

i just purchased hardware for a MythBox, including a nice dual-layer
burner. :)  but i'm not sure Linux even supports dual-layer burners
yet...

> I envision a plugin that presents a TOC of chapters, languages, audio
> streams (DTS/5.1/2ch), lets you choose which ones you want to copy, rips it,
> prompts you for a blank, and writes it back.
> A simple, elegant front-end in true Myth style.

this would be awesome.  i'm planning on ripping my dvd collection to
an extra drive in my MythBox for on-demand viewing.  it would be nice
to be able to do all this in one place.  and then burning a copy from
the archive when ever you travel or whatever...