[mythtv-users] TV Output

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Jan 10 07:27:01 EST 2005

In message <42502.167.202.196.71.1105359279.squirrel at 167.202.196.71>
        Mark Wormgoor <mark at wormgoor.com> wrote:

> I have soldered the cable, but my tv doesn't auto switch.  I wonder how
> that works though.  Does it require pin 8?  Quote:
> Internal: 0.0...2.0 V
> External (16:9): 4.5...7.0 V
> External (4:3): 9.5...12.0 V
> Should we just set it up with 12V?
> And can we switch it to 16:9 using a relay if that format is detected?  I
> can remember someone on the list wanting to try it, but couldn't find it
> in my history.

There are two pins you may need - pin 8 indicates the presence of
a signal and it's format and there is another pin to indicate whether
the source is composite or RGB data.

My TV allows me to explicitly select RGB which works even if the
pin is indicating composite so I just use that. Plus I changed the
default mode to 16:9 which means the display is always right because
Myth pillarboxes 4:3 output by default if it thinks you have a 16:9
display.

As to switching to the Myth input, well my TV is pretty much always
on that now and as the Myth box is always on when would it auto switch
to it ;-)

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)