AW: [mythtv-users] mythtvburn syntax question

Bene Martin martin.bene at icomedias.com
Sun Jan 9 12:23:58 EST 2005

> growisofs -Z /dev/scd0=$myfolder""/temp/mythburndvd.iso
>
> Now, since growiosfs des not have a man page, I am omly
> geussing but it does not look correct. Here's a line from
> my working script:
>
> growisofs -dvd-video -Z /dev/dvd $WORKDIR
>
> /dev/dvd is linked to /dev/scd0, so thta's OK. But I don't
> understand the syntax of the line from the mythtvburn package.
> For instance what are the 2 double quotes doing in there?

The syntax used is for the special case where you've already got a
finished iso image you want to burn; the quotes are just a hack to tell
bash where  the variable name ends.

I've had to change the mythburn scripts in a few places to get them to
work:

 - remove -z switch from transcode commands to prevent upside - down
menu thumbnails
 - remove -k switch from transcode commands to fix bad colors for menu
tumbnails (blue faces)
 - remove automatic iso - image building when "burn dvd" is seleced
 - burn dvd directly from vido directory instead of iso image to save
space required for dvd creation.

growisofs -Z /dev/dvd -dvd-video -V "MythTV BurnDVD" /var/video/DVD

Is what i now have in the mythtvburn.sh script.

Bye, Martin