[mythtv-users] Black borders on screen

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 05:41:41 EST 2005

I find that some content is wider than others.  A number of ads and
stuff leave black borders left and right, but the actual program fills
the screen in 4:3 mode.  I just leave it in 4:3 all the time.

I have noticed though that when you change to another mode, such as
zoom or 16:9, then the OSD does not display correct, becuase it is
forced outside of the monitors displayble area.  It would be good if
only the content was zoomed, not the OSD.

Cheers,
Dave

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 16:36:40 -0500, John Johnson <johnatl at mac.com> wrote:
> There's an overscan setting somewhere, I guess in Settings | Playback,
> that might help you.
> I set my to 4% on X and Y.
>
> Regards,
>    JJ
>
> On 05-Jan-2005, at 13:27, John Hannan wrote:
>
> > Hi:
> >
> > I've been experiencing problems with live-tv and recorded shows not
> > fully filling the screen.  Under Myth all of the GUI fully fills the
> > screen out. When I go to watch a show the picture is fully filled out
> > in the vertical direction but on the horizontal there is a lot of
> > empty black space at the left and right side of the screen. My TV is
> > 4:3 display.
> >
> > If I choose the 4:3zoom mode to watch video then i get a full screen
> > (of course then the gui is zoomed too).
> >
> > i'm capturing video at 640x480.  i have my display resolution set to
> > 800x600.
> >
> > I'm using FC2 with Jarod's guide.
> >
> > any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?
> >
> > thanks,