[mythtv-users] X over PVR-350 TV-Out on FC3

Nicholas Bloch goneblank at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 9 04:30:21 EST 2005

Like a lot of other people I've been having plenty of
trouble getting this to work. After weeks of banging
my head against my desk, I've finally patched together
a solution from other peoples suggestions.

I've set everything up pretty much according to
Jarod's HOWTO. I've installed the rpm packages for
ivtv version 2.0-59_rc3d (atrpms), but replaced
ivtvdev_drv.o with the 0.7 version from
http://www.mail-archive.com/ivtv-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00421.html
(I'm not sure if this version is necessary)

My xorg.conf is set up as follows:

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Hauppauge PVR 350 iTVC15
Framebuffer"
        Driver      "ivtvdev"
        #Driver      "fbdev"

        ### change fb0 to whatever your card grabbed
        #Option      "fbdev" "/dev/fb0"
        Option      "ivtvdev" "/dev/fb0"

        ### change the BusID to whatever is reported
by lspci, specify it as hex.
        #BusID "0:0x14:0"
        BusID "0:10:0" (lspci reports 00:0a.0)

Originally I was using the vga=792 kernel parameter on
boot, but ivtvdev doesn't seem to work with fb1, so I
removed it.

And finally I've added the following lines to my
rc.local:

/sbin/modprobe ivtv
/sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
/etc/init.d/lircd start
/etc/init.d/mythbackend start

ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -alpha -on -globalalpha
-nolocalalpha
dd if=/dev/video0 of=/dev/video16 bs=64k count=100
sleep 3

ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -globalalpha -nolocalalpha
ivtvctl --reload
sleep 3

You can find the source here:

That's it! I hope this helps.