[mythtv-users] 3.06 GHz on a Pundit?

Emory Chan emory.commerce at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 18:01:31 EST 2005

This is something you should seriously think about when putting a P4
in a Pundit.  I have a 2.66 GHz Celeron D in a Pundit-R, and it
generates quite a bit of heat. The variable-speed CPU fan makes some
noise, but the PSU fan is incredibly noisy.  The Prescott cores
obviously take a lot more power than previous generations, but I can
imagine that a >2.8 GHz P4 Northwood would get pretty hot as well.

I don't think ASUS really designed the Pundit for such hot CPU's.
There really is not that much room for air to flow.  If you want the
power, go with a bigger case. If  you don't need the power, I've heard
that people with low end Celerons and P4's say that their Pundits are
virtually silent. They run Myth just fine, and the processors are way
cheaper.