[mythtv-users] nVidia card choices, and processors for HDTV playback

Aran Cox spin667 at mchsi.com
Fri Jan 7 15:57:45 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 12:23 -0800, Brad Templeton wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 08:59:24AM -0800, Scott Alfter wrote:
> > It works for me (the Gainward card is in the Myth box).
>
> Yes, there are reports of working at 720p.  What we want to find out is
> if anybody is doing 1080i to an HDTV over DVI/HDMI from the 5200, and
> if so, to what TVs.   Several of us have tried to make this work and
> get a "double vision" problem where the two half-frames are out of
> vertical alignment by about 20 lines, I think.  Progressive modes would
> of course not have this issue.

I'm very interested in the description of the this problem you see when
doing 1080i over a DVI/HDMI cable.  I'll have to look at it again, but
it seems that what you are describing is exactly what I see on my Ti4200
doing the same thing.  I haven't looked at it in a while, but I always
found it hard to describe the problem.  Usually I just ended up calling
it "messed up."  But I could still sort of make out images, like the
nvidia logo, etc.  I'm hopeful that someone will figure this out... I'd
hate to have to buy a VGA-component converter when there's an all
digital option...

--
Aran Cox <spin667 at mchsi.com>