[mythtv-users] pvr 350 audio-in cable connectedc but no sound

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jan 7 15:35:02 EST 2005

On 01/01/2005 02:22 PM, Bart Peeters wrote:

> I'm running mythtv with a prv 350 tuner card. I can watch live tv,
> recorded programs... It works fine.(with sound) (cable from s-video
> out to scart)
> But when I start a file via mplayer (in a xterm) I've no sound. I
> connected my audio output line from my soundcard to the audio-in line
> on my tv card.
> But, I've no sound. I tested my audio out with a headphone, and I've
> sound on my audio output. What is the problem?
> Some configuration?

You've got it backwards.  The PVR-350's audio in is only used during a
capture when using S-Video or Composite video.  The connections you want are

PVR-350 audio out ---> sound card line in

and

sound card audio out ---> speakers or audio receiver (then to speakers)

Make sure you set the right capture settings on your sound card.

Mike