[mythtv-users] HDTV Success Stories?

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Fri Jan 7 13:20:47 EST 2005

Joe Barnhart wrote:
> --- Roy Murphy <roy.murphy at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I'm going to be driving a 1080i native HDTV CRT with
>>a VGA-Composite
>>adaptor (no DVI or HDMI inputs on this model). I
>>hear that an nvidia
>>adapter can drive HD with less processor, but
>>interlace dosn't work.
>

> nVidia 5200 FX is your best bet.  XvMC doesn't work
> correctly with myth, but Xv works pretty well.

I have to agree with Joe.  There is evidence that the 1080i video output
is being improperly handled by the nVidia driver, such that you're
actually only seeing one field.  But I use a 1920x540p mode with
software (bob) deinterlacing and it looks great on my CRT.  I imagine
nVidia will get interlaced video output working properly at some point,
and I'll have to reevaluate.

-Doug