[mythtv-users] Changing synopsis of recorded shows

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Jan 7 12:04:22 EST 2005

Chris Clarke wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>    I was wondering if there is a way to change or at least erase the
>synopsis of recorded shows.  I'm a big fan of "Corner Gas" but the
>comedy channel can't seem to match the episodes to proper
>descriptions, so I'm never sure what episodes I have and Myth sometime
>skips ones I don't have because the descriptions match (even though
>the episodes don't)  Any ideas?

Just modify them in the database.  Should be in the recoreded table.
You can change the descriptions using something like phpmyadmin.  It
will affect the ability for the system to match previously recorded
entries against new entries since your changes may not match those that
show up in the guide in the future but it will change them in your view
quite well.

Kevin