[mythtv-users] Has anyone configured a "semi"-diskless frontend?

Matt Mossholder matt at mossholder.com
Fri Jan 7 08:36:09 EST 2005

Now, as a security consultant, I don't know if I would go that far.
Firewalls still serve the same purpose they always have: To prevent the
bulk of attacks originating on the "outside" of the firewall, by
limiting what traffic is permitted to pass between networks. However, a
good security policy includes many layers, and so includes things like
patching, hardening, monitoring and otherwise securing the other devices
in the network, as well a policy to govern the way people interact with
them.

What went out with the nineties is assuming that the firewall is going
to do it all for you....

        --Matt

Matt Mossholder <matt at mossholder.com>