[mythtv-users] Directv-phone jack vs home control

spok spok_1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 7 05:51:40 EST 2005

Hi,

I’m trying to figure out exactly what I need to set up
mythtv with directv.  I understand I can use a low
speed data port on the directv box to change channels.
 However, on the following page,
http://www.dtvcontrol.com/page.aspx?content=cable, I
see a picture of a directv box with a “home control”
port and a “phone” jack.

My directv box only has a RJ11 jack labeled phone.  Is
this the low speed data port?  Can I use my “phone”
jack to change channels?  If the answer is yes, where
can I simply buy a Rj11-serial cable?

Thanks (I'm sorry if this message accidentally got
posted twice)