[mythtv-users] nuvexport question...

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Jan 7 02:46:53 EST 2005

> The second part of the question was: Can I re-encode with something
> like DivX and replace the nuv file with it? (I assume no...)

Well, you could always look at mythtv's built-in transcode profiles,
which use divx/mpeg4..  cut commercials, press X to transcode, and
you'll get an mpeg4/rtjpeg (whatever you set up) encoding.  won't be
TINY, but it'll be smaller than mpeg2.

However, my personal preference is to use nuvexport to export xvid files
(default settings will give you about 350M/hour-minus-commercials), and
then just watch them in mythvideo if you want.  myth's mpeg4 settings
still sacrifice encode-speed for quality, so even though they're mpeg4,
they won't be as nice at the lower bitrates as what you'll get from
nuvexport.

-Chris