[mythtv-users] Re: Tearing in playback

Fri Jan 7 02:38:00 EST 2005

On 06/01/2005, at 11:00 PM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:

>>> What sync method are you using? I'm on RTC because the ATrpms build
>>> of 0.16 seems to have OpenGL sync turned off and when I rebuilt with
>>> it on something chewed so much CPU that playback kept breaking up.
>>
>> I use the same rpm as you (ATRPMS FC2 0.16), so my bet is RTC.  But
>> where
>> do you configure the  type of video sync used.  Or is that a build
>> option?
>> I do not have an OpenGL enabled driver (Xorg Radeon), so I can't use
>> that.

I'm using the Dijkstra MythTV deb packages - 0.16.  I assume it has
most sync methods compiled in.

> It tries each sync type in order until it finds one that works. OpenGL
> is only included if you specify it at build time however.

I'm guessing the Dijkstra debs don't have OpenGL syncing compiled in as
it is not tested (trace below).

> If you start the frontend with "-v playback" then the log messages
> should include something like this when you start watching something:

Thank you very much for this.  I get:

2005-01-07 17:30:24 nVidiaVideoSync: Could not open device
/dev/nvidia0, No such file or directory
2005-01-07 17:30:24 DRMVideoSync: Could not open device /dev/dri/card0,
No such file or directory
2005-01-07 17:30:24 RTCVideoSync: Could not set RTC frequency,
Permission denied.
2005-01-07 17:30:24 Using audio as timebase
2005-01-07 17:30:24 Video timing method: USleep with busy wait

The first line makes sense - I don't have an NVIDIA card :).  I'm
confused as to why RTC is giving permission denied - I'm running my
front end as root.  I've got things to look at now - Thanks.

Be well,

Will         :-}

--
Dr William Uther                            National ICT Australia
Phone: +61 2 9385 6357             School of Computer Science and