[mythtv-users] Aspect Ratio questions

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Jan 6 14:37:29 EST 2005

I have a separate frontend setup on FC2 and the display is a 17" flat
panel. Everything is fine until I watch LiveTV or a Recording. Then the
display looks like 16:9, but it's actually 4:3. I can scroll through
using W and see the settings. Still 4:3 has a about 2 inches of black on
the top and bottom of the video (16:9 is even more). On another frontend
with a CRT the same recording works as expected.

I've played around with trying to force the aspect ratio and other
settings, but so far nothing seems to make a difference. If I play a
recording with mplayer it seems to play it at the right ratio.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
James