[mythtv-users] Front end hardware?

Andrew Ziobro aziobro at valleygreen.biz
Thu Jan 6 09:11:59 EST 2005

stan wrote:

>Would this make a decent Myth Front end only box?
>
>http://tinyurl.com/4cojm
>
>Or can anyone sugest somethign in a similar form factor that they ahve
>working well?

xbox.
Just tried it the other day. Great form factor and price. Using M$ DVD
remote, Gentoox, Myth (TV,Video,Music,DVD) from CVS. Softmoded box. (Did
not have to open case.)
One draw back. Memory is limited (64M), so menus can be sluggish at
times and you can just about forget about trying to compile it on the
xbox directly. As a added benefit I can still play xbox games!