[mythtv-users] Has anyone configured a "semi"-diskless frontend?

William Lott mythusersmail at wlott.org
Thu Jan 6 01:27:18 EST 2005

Robert Rozman wrote:

 > How are you satisfied with me6000 performance. I'm deciding whether to
 > purchase it for frontend only.

I'd give it a thumbs down.  Took me a week of playing around to get the
thing running at all (compile your own kernel with patches from random
places, compile your own X with patches from other places, compile your
own mplayer with yet more patches, compile your own mythtv with even
more patches from even more places, plus whatever else I forgot).  And
now that I have it (mostly) running, it is way freakin slow.  My AMD XP
  2000+ frontend/backend machine is snappy, but the me6000 takes forever
to respond to anything.

 > Also, I'd love to see Mythphone on this machine. Do you have any
 > experience with Mythphone ?

Sorry, haven't tried it.

-William Lott